FaceTime is an amazing application that allows the users make great video phone calls absolutely for free of cost. Despite having innumerable video calling apps available on the web, FaceTime app is the best video app for various iOS device users. FaceTime app lets you make free video and voice calls from different iOS devices. The FaceTime app supports various versions of the iOS operating system. Check How to Fix FaceTime Not Working Error on Mac/iPad/iPhone? below.
It includes iPhone 4 or higher, iPad 2 or higher, iPad mini (all models) and iPod touch 4th generation or higher. Apart from these, FaceTime also runs on Mac device and all these works on Wi-Fi internet connection. On cellular data plan, the users can make use of FaceTime app on iPhone 4s and above versions and iPad devices. Sometimes, the users face some kind of issues while using FaceTime app on iOS devices.
The users might confront some errors that say FaceTime not working error on your device. In order to help the users, we have come up with FaceTime problems and the appropriate fixes or solutions for all those problems. In this post, we have included various issues with FaceTime and the solutions for such issues. Have a look!
‘FaceTime Not Working’ Error on iOS
FaceTime is one of the most popular video calling applications available on the web for all the users. The FaceTime app supports Apple iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad, iPod and many more. The way of making video and voice calls to your friends and family members drastically changed in the best way with the arrival of FaceTime app by Apple software developers.
FaceTime makes use of one of the best possible ways to begin a video conversation for all the users on any of the devices like iPhone, iPad, Mac and a lot more. We have copious video calling apps available on the web for all the users such as Skype, IMO, Google Hangouts, Kakao Talk and a lot more. Despite having numerous apps, people make use of FaceTime across the globe in a rapid way. However, there are sometimes when people confront issues with FaceTime app as well.
Sometimes, people get stuck during their chat conversations with their friends over FaceTime app. In most cases, people face a connection issue i.e., dropping of the connection during weak network. This eventually shows affect over the FaceTime video and audio calls on various platforms. All these are considered as FaceTime, not working problems. In this post, we have come up with the best solutions for FaceTime problems. You can check out to fix iPhone FaceTime problems along with the best solutions.
Ways to Fix ‘FaceTime Not Working’ Issues on iPhone/iPad/Mac
In order to fix the issues of your FaceTime app on your iPhone or iPad devices, the users need to update the version of iOS devices and Mac OS devices. If you update the software on your iOS device, you can easily fix the FaceTime not working issue.
1. Toggle FaceTime On and Off Button
If you come across connection issue with FaceTime app, you can resolve it by toggling the on and off button of FaceTime from Settings. You need to re-activate the FaceTime application forcibly. Check out the below steps:
- Go to Settings >> FaceTime
- You need to simply switch the FaceTime app to off.
- You can then switch it back to on position.
- You will see a pop-up message that says the user to wait for activation.
- In only a few moments, the Apple ID details fill in the fields.
- This is the simple process to fix the connection issue with FaceTime on your iPhone.
2. Sign in Using Same Apple ID
In order to solve the FaceTime issues on your Apple iPhone, you need to sign in to your FaceTime account once again using your same Apple ID.
- Go to Settings >> FaceTime >> Check the Apple ID.
- If you find that the two devices do not match, then you need to sign out of the FaceTime account and enter the same Apple ID and password just like other devices.
3. Check Whether FaceTime Switched on or not
FaceTime app sometimes doesn’t work on your iOS device. In such a case, the users need to follow the simple steps provided here.
- Navigate to Settings >> FaceTime and switch the app to ‘On’ on your iOS device.
- On Mac device, the users need to open the FaceTime app and turn on FaceTime.
4. View Network Settings:
If you still find that your device shows the same connection issue, you need to make some changes on your network settings on your iPhone. In order to do so, just follow the simple steps provided below:
- Open Settings >> General >> Reset >> select the option that says ‘Reset Network Settings’.
- This will immediately restart your iPhone. After the rebooting process, you can once again try to connect to the FaceTime app.
5. Activation Issue:
Sometimes, people confront problems regarding FaceTime activation at the time of the sign-in process. The problem that appears on FaceTime is ‘Waiting for Activation.’ In order to solve that issue, the users need to turn on or off the FaceTime app on your iOS and Mac devices.
- Go to Settings >> FaceTime and set FaceTime to off option.
6. Wi-Fi or Cellular Data:
If you find a problem with FaceTime saying ‘FaceTime not working’, the users need to check whether there is a proper internet connection, Wi-Fi or cellular data.
- In order to solve this problem, just go to Settings and navigate to Wi-Fi on your iOS device.
- On Mac device, go to Settings >> System Preferences >> Network.
7. Availability of FaceTime App:
Sometimes, people get this FaceTime error when there are issues with the availability of this app in your country. The users need to check the availability of this app in their location. This is because FaceTime app does not install by default. Apple Company suggests the users check the region on the device for purchase.
8. Check the Date & Time:
In some cases, you might confront the FaceTime not working error whenever the date and time set on your device are incorrect.
- For checking the date and time, navigate to System Preferences on Mac >> hit Date & Time option.
- Tick the checkbox that says ‘Set date and time automatically’.
- You can then select the server from the drop-down menu.
If you are using an iOS device then, follow the below steps to check the date and time.
- Go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time.
- You can then set the option ‘Set Automatically’ to ‘ON’.
- The timezone will be set automatically based on your current location.
9. Blocked List:
In some cases, you might unknowingly add a person to the block list. In such a case, FaceTime call may not work while you are trying to call that person. In such a case, you can check whether the person’s contact is blocked or not. To check that, follow the steps provided below.
- Go to Settings >> FaceTime >> Blocked list
- You can then check whether the name is listed in the blocked numbers or not.
- If it is present, you can hit the edit button and tap the Remove icon just beside the name. Hit Unblock button.
10. Re-Activate FaceTime:
Even after trying the aforementioned methods, you can try out this method. Just reactivate your FaceTime app from your iPhone or Mac device. In order to fix this issue, you can sign out of FaceTime and log in once again. For that, you can follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Settings >> FaceTime.
- Just disable the switch.
- You can then turn on the switch after a couple of minutes.
- On the screen, you can find ‘waiting for activation’ sign.
- Once the app is activated, you can check the Apple ID section and hit the sign out button.
- Click on ‘Use your Apple ID for FaceTime’ to login to your FaceTime once again.
The Bottom Line:
These are some of the issues and the solutions related to FaceTime app so as to fix FaceTime not working the problem on your iOS [iPhone/iPad] and Mac devices. By using these fixes, you can easily resolve the FaceTime not working issue on Mac/iPad or iPhone and Here is a Community of Apple and Get Support for more details.